Buy Green Tea Bags & Powder Online from bigbasket at Best Price
Addicted to beverages? Then green tea or herbal tea is the healthiest beverage you can find on this planet! Green tea is a healthy dose of essential nutrients and anti-oxidants, which are highly beneficial for the overall well-being of our body. Consuming green tea on a daily basis can have so many health benefits and also help combat stress. Read on to understand the medical benefits, uses and some interesting recipes which you can try out with green tea.
You can find a wide range of herbal tea and green tea on bigbasket website. The different brands featuring on bigbasket include Lipton, Eco Valley, Organic India, Wagh Bakri and much more.
Medical Benefits of Green Tea
Studies have suggested that green tea is much more than merely a drink or beverage; it is a cup full of vital bioactive compounds and nutrients which have a powerful effect on our body. The medical benefits associated with green tea are:
1. Stress Reliever: Sipping a cup of herbal tea after a long day at work is an excellent way to de-stress and relax your mind. Flavours like chamomile, lavender, and peppermint tea have a calming effect on your senses and rejuvenate your mind and body.
2. Improves brain functioning: Green tea contains the amino acid L-theanine, which works along with the caffeine to improve the brain functioning. Green tea contains a minimal amount of caffeine as compared to the coffee.
3. Enhances energy levels: Green tea boosts the metabolism in our body and improves the overall physical performance by breaking down the fatty acids and fat tissues and utilising it as energy.
4. Helps burn fat: Green tea works as a fat burning supplement in our body; it enhances the metabolism rate and thereby helps burn fat. Green tea helps in weight management and controlling obesity.
5. Helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases: Green tea helps reduce total and LDL cholesterol in the body, which is the prime cause of cardiovascular and heart ailments. It also protects the LDL particles from oxidation, regular consumption of green tea reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
6. Lowers the risk of some cancer: Green tea is a powerhouse of essential anti-oxidants that may help reduce the risk of some types of cancer such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colorectal cancer.
7. Helps maintain dental health: Green tea contains catechins which reduce the growth of harmful bacteria and prevents infection. It helps improve dental health and lowers the risk of caries and bad breath.
8. Lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes: Green tea may help reduce the blood sugar levels in the body. Research also indicates that it may lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Green Tea Health recipes
Here we have some healthy and refreshing tea recipes which you can try out when you get bored with the regular taste of tea!
1. Refreshing tea popsicles: These are perfect to beat the heat during summers!
- Two tablespoons green tea
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Two tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Popsicle moulds
- Prepare the tea by adding it to boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- In a glass bowl beat together the whipping cream, milk and sugar.
- Mix in 3 tablespoons of the above mixture to the tea.
- Now both the mixtures are ready, pour alternate layer of each mixture into the popsicle moulds.
- Remember to freeze after pouring each layer for about 30 minutes before pouring the next layer and repeat the procedure until the mould gets full.
- Freeze it for 2 hours and remove from the moulds once done! Enjoy the chilled tea popsicles, a healthy and tasty alternative to the store-bought versions!
2. Green Smoothie: This yummy green smoothie is perfect for detoxing your body and a refreshing twist to your everyday green tea!
- Half avocado
- One ripe frozen banana
- 3-4 leaves of baby spinach
- 1 cup milk
- One tablespoon honey
- 1 cup green tea
- One teaspoon grated almonds
- One teaspoon chopped walnuts
- One teaspoon chia seeds
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until it’s a rich, creamy smoothie consistency. Transfer it into the serving glass and top it with some grated almonds, walnuts and chia seeds. And your refreshing smoothie is ready to be savoured!
3. Lemon Zest Ice Tea: This refreshing flavoured ice tea is all you need when you are back from work!
- Two green tea bags
- One tablespoon honey
- 4 cups of water
- Lemon zest of one lemon
- One lemon cut into thin slices
- Ice cubes
- Boil 4 cups of water and remove from flame. Put the tea bags into this hot water to infuse the flavours.
- Add the lemon zest into this infusion. Do not let it remain for long as lemon zest can get a little bitter.
- Strain the tea after 5 minutes.
- Take a serving glass, put some ice cubes, sliced lemon, honey and pour the ice tea onto it. Mix well, and the ice tea is ready to serve!
For more amazing recipes, check out Green tea recipes on bigbasket Cookbook
Why Choose Bigbasket
There are more than 80 varieties of green tea featured on bigbasket! The different flavours of green tea available on bigbasket include Jasmine, honey & lemon, mint, tulsi, lemon zest, Kozan spearmint, Moroccan mint, lemongrass, ginger, cardamom, orange, pomegranate, etc. Get price discounts upto 25% off on the purchase of green tea and herbal tea on the bigbasket app or website.
bigbasket takes care of all your daily needs by offering a wide range of groceries and home improvement products just at your doorstep. You can scroll through the different categories and select everyday essentials from the comfort of your home with a few clicks. The hygienic packing ensures that all the quality standards are met and your groceries are delivered on time to retain quality, purity and freshness.
Most popular green tea brands on bigbasket are: