Buy Walnuts, Akhrot, Figs, Pista, Dates, Dried Fruits Online at Best Price
As the name suggests, dry fruits are fruits from which the maximum water content is removed; it can be done naturally through sun drying technique or artificially using specialised dehydrators. It is highly essential to include dry fruits in your everyday diet as they are a rich source of fibre, protein, vitamins, minerals, and can easily be substituted against processed high-calorie snacks.
bigbasket offers a wide range of premium quality dry fruits like dates, walnut, almonds, cashew, figs, pecans, hazelnut, apricots, seeds, etc. The different brands featuring on bigbasket for dry fruits include BB Royal, BB Popular, Lion, Grocery Farm, Pro Nature, Safe Harvest, Falcon Dates, Zealth, Nourish You, and many other local brands. bigbasket ensures that you get the choicest quality products which are hygienically packed to retain the purity and freshness.
Nutritionists recommend including dry fruits like almonds, pistachios, walnuts, etc. in your everyday diet to stay healthy and fit. Dry fruits serve as a delicious snack which you can have any time a day. The medical benefits of dry fruits are infinite; some of them are:
- Improves blood circulation and overall fitness: Many dry fruits such as almonds and raisins improve the blood circulation in our body, and help in maintaining the overall health.
- Glowing skin, hair and nails: Dry fruits like walnuts, almonds, flax seeds, chia seeds, and dried berries are beneficial for your hair, skin and nails, they are rich in essential anti-oxidants which enhance the overall health and glow of your skin.
- Helps in digestion and reduces acidity: Raisins, figs, prunes and dried berries are known to relieve acidity and improve digestion.
- Cures hormonal imbalance in women: Regular consumption of raisins, walnuts, chia seeds, and almonds help in treating the hormonal imbalance in women, which leads to lifestyle disorders like PCOD, thyroid, infertility, etc.
- Lowers cholesterol and blood pressure: Dry fruits like apricots, prunes, raisins and dates are rich in potassium, which helps lower blood pressure — nuts like walnut and almonds lower LDL cholesterol.
- Helps in weight management: Dry fruits are rich in essential nutrients and low in carbohydrates, which means that they keep you fuller for a more extended period without adding on to the extra calories.
- Boosts immunity and metabolism: The essential Phyto-nutrients present in the dry fruits enhances the metabolism of the body and also boosts immunity.
- Relieves constipation and treats anaemia: Dry fruits such as dates, prunes, apricots, and raisins are rich in dietary fibre which relieves constipation and helps in the treatment of anaemia.
Uses of Dried Fruits
The uses of dry fruits in our lifestyle are plenty, which includes:
- Dry fruits are used as a topping in the preparation of Indian desserts like Kheer, Halwa, Barfi, etc.
- Nuts like walnuts, pecans, almonds, and pine nuts are used in International and Indian salad preparations.
- Chia seeds and flax seeds are used as a substitute of eggs while preparing vegan dishes.
- Dry fruits like cashews and almonds are also used in preparing Indian and international curries and gravies.
- Nuts and seeds like almonds and sunflower seeds are cold pressed to make sweet almond oil and sunflower which can be used for cooking or direct application on hair and skin.
- Dry fruits can also be eaten as a snack at any time of the day.
Dry fruits are delicious in its raw form and are ready to eat, here we have a few dry fruit recipes which are healthy and delicious:
- Dates and dry fruit laddu: These laddus taste divine and serve as a protein bar when you are hungry and in need of some energy!
- Dates – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Almonds chopped – ½ cup
- Cashew chopped – ½ cup
- Walnuts chopped – ½ cup
- Shredded dry coconut – ¼ cup
- Poppy seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Coarsely blend the dates in a mixture.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add chopped almonds, cashews, walnuts and coconut.
- Roast for 5-10 minutes on low flame until it gets crunchy.
- Add one teaspoon poppy seeds and roast for another 4-5 minutes.
- Next, add the dates and keep mixing until it blends well with the nuts.
- Once it is cold, take a small quantity of the mixture and roll it into small laddus.
Cooking tip: Mix any combination of nuts, you can also add in raisins and pistachios to make it more delicious.
- Hazelnut Nutella: We all are a fan of the creamy and chocolaty Nutella available in the store, but is it really that healthy? So, here we present a tasty and healthier version of Nutella which is going to be your favourite.
- Hazelnut without skin – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 3 tablespoons
- Seedless dates – ½ cup
- Hazelnut oil or Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Maple syrup – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
- To remove the skin of the hazelnut dry roast them on low flame for 3-4 minutes and remove from flame. Cool down, and now you can easily remove the skin.
- Put the hazelnut into the food processor and start blending, blend it until you get a smooth, creamy consistency; it takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder, dates, oil, maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract and blend it until well combined. And your Nutella is ready!
- Transfer it to a glass jar and store it in the refrigerator.
Special offers on bigbasket
BB Royal presents 100% organic and high-quality dry fruits to its customers. bigbasket presents various offers like free deliveries, cashbacks, and discounts on your shopping. The more you shop, the more you save! Enjoy the discount offers up to 47% on the dry fruits category.
Why Choose bigbasket
bigbasket strives continuously to meet your everyday needs by offering a wide range of groceries and home improvement products just at your doorstep. All the products on bigbasket go through various levels of quality checks so that you receive premium quality products. For a hassle-free shopping experience, download the app and place the order.
: Get your groceries delivered in 15 to 30 minutes. Choose from 3000 essential items. bigbasket bbnow service is currently available in select cities. Download the bigbasket app to check whether your location is eligible for bbnow.